Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The gift that keeps on giving!!!

I was tagged by Craver VII

Rules of this tag:
1. Name the person with link who tagged you.
2. Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions.
3. Tag 6 or more people.

Q1. Are you happy/ satisfied with your blog, with its content and look? I am happy with the way my blog looks but not very happy that I haven’t been able to merge the old one and the new one so I can sign in just one time under the old user name – so now I’m stuck with multiple email accounts. I also wish that the content was, truthfully, more honest and more often – but I’m not quite sure how to do that without scaring off all the readers.
Q2. Does your family know about your blog? Yep – and my daughter says that she resented me having a blog because she had one first – I think maybe, since I’ve been blogging for over two years now, that she’s gotten over it – but I’m not quite sure about that!
Q3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing? Embarrassed – no way – it is the world wide web after all – people who are going to be embarrassed or angry when they’re held accountable for what they put out there for ANYONE to run across just shouldn’t post in a public forum. I’m with Craver – the more the merrier – and I am NOT EVEN a social creature or extrovert like Craver is – promise!!
Q4. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts? It certainly causes me to think more because writing doesn’t come naturally to me. It is also positive because I read a number of excellent blogs – each for different reasons – wait till you see who I tag and go read theirs!
Q5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself? Going to have to agree with Craver on this one - commenters get priority, but when reading comments on their blogs I certainly have been compelled to click over to find out more. In fact that’s how I met Drew – through another blogging friend - and look where that has ended up. Yes, I know you all are clueless as to what I mean, well, except maybe Drew and the person who’s glad to know him because of her mom.
Q6. What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog? I love the counter! I feel like someone is actually listening to what I have to say – and that makes it worth taking the time to think it out and say it clearly! I must admit though that it is a bit intimidating to find that some people from MICHIGAN WHO NEVER COMMENT spend a lot of time on my blog – who are you guys anyway – you can leave a comment, you know??
Q7. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures? My photo is real and reasonably current – early summer of this year. I’d love to know the real names and faces of some of the bloggers that I comment on – but it’s ok with me if they don’t post pictures – it does feel a bit “exposed”, if you know what I mean. My favorite profile picture is Marcus’.
Q8. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging? You bet! I’ve “met” some neat people; I call the “friends I haven’t met yet”. I’ve had a chance to interact with many different kinds of people than I normally would on a daily basis (mostly science nerds) and certainly people from areas of the world that I would never run across otherwise. I’m a curious person and I like to get to know who people are and why they think as they do.
Q9. Do you think that bloggers’ society is isolated from real world or interacts with events? I hope we’re not isolated from the real world – I actually think we are the real world, rather than just the microcosm we normally see on a daily basis - just in a more polite sense because there are fewer constraints – no raised eyebrows as you are speaking – no one interrupting your sentence before you finish it.
Q10. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it’s a normal thing? Sometimes it’s painful, but generally just frustrating, especially when you feel like you are being attacked for who you, as though somehow your thoughts are less valid than someone else’s. But, that’s part of being human – sometimes people are just plain intimidated by someone who knows what they think and why – especially when it runs counter to their own thoughts or theology.
Q11. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them? I avoid political anything – too many things to learn in life and I can’t do them all well – so I try to invest my time in a few areas that I feel I can really impact: science, practical theology, encouragement.
Q12. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers? Guess I missed that news flash! Craver, have you been playing with your water balloons in the street again?.
Q13. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die? It will fade into the sunset like John Wayne’s horse.
Q14. What do you like to hear? What’s the song you might like to put a link to, in your blog? I keep the volume on the computer turned off when blogging – I HATE to link to someone’s blog and immediately get music I didn’t want to hear and can’t figure out how to turn off.

Let’s see, who shall I tag? Play if you will please – your blogs are worth reading and I’d like to send some of these lovely people your direction – and since I’m a basic rule follower: Drew, Martin, Lorenzo, Ted, Raising Cain, and Amy!

16 comments:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Thanks, Susan.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I found them interesting, though not all surprising, since you share about yourself on yours and other blogs- a good thing. I will say I can understand where you come from on the political thing. I do get into that a little on my blog and at times have had quite a conversation occur (for my blog anyhow). That can really stir passions, so I like to keep the fact that I'm registered Independent here in Michigan, and if I had to choose between the two major parties would go Democrat- pro-life, moderate, but not really buying into this whole American thing much at all, only insofar as it goes, which I think has serious limitations....blah, blah, blah....(sorry)

Good to get to know people and also to converse with each other on what we think are important issues, as well as just enjoying life together, and sometimes getting a kick out of it.

L.L. Barkat said...

Very arresting. Well, in the positive sense. :)

Craver Vii said...

Thanks for playin'!

Ted M. Gossard said...

I feel like i rambled on too much about myself.

These things are nice and I love to see them on every blog because you get to know the person and "fellow" blogger better.

I have to say I resonate with much of what you say here. And it's interesting to get to know a science "nerd". Don't know if you've actually called yourself that, but you do talk about working with such. You folks are real humans! ha. And I do indentify with struggles you've talked about, I going through some severe struggles myself.

And I notice you are vulnerable in a way not only to help yourself, but even more so, to help others. For me I guess it's related to struggles I go through, some or more of my blogging, with the hope and prayer as I remember, that it will touch others as well.

Ted M. Gossard said...

I did it, Half-Mom!

Ted M. Gossard said...

I mean Halfmom!! (whatever that means) :)

Andrew said...

So . . . I'm assuming that the MICHIGAN people include yours truly. Ouch! But I'll give you that one.

Martin Stickland said...

Gosh! home work and on a weekend too!!My head hurts already!

Hope you are dandy and fine!

Andrew said...

Hahaha, that mysterious "other person" and me whom you're poking fun of . . .

gotcha.

Martin Stickland said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH SUSAN!!!

That poem has really set me up for the day, it gave me a super, huge, mega laugh!!

Well done that girl, go and collect a gold star to pin on the board at the front of the class and you can be milk monitor for the whole week.

What a clever little sausage you are!

lorenzothellama said...

You don't know what trouble you have caused with all this tagging!

I tried and tried and I could get it done, or it self-distructed. At last I got a sort of posting out but as you saw it was useless unless you browsed down with the curser.

Anyway, my cat Scaredy told me to delete the rather whimsical photo of those smelly looking llamas that were posing as my family, and when I did, Bob's your Llama and the writing came back!

I am away for a couple of weeks from Saturday. I am sailing in Turkey. Hopefully it won't be as traumatic as the Atlantic crossing.

Love Lorenzo. xx

today's word is whiizz

Ted M. Gossard said...

Susan, I thought you'd be interested in this posting, and particularly in the writings of Miroslav Volf. The first three books in the second link are ones I've read- I'm nearly done with "Exclusion and Embrace". "Free of Charge" is written more on a church level, while along with "Exclusion and Embrace", "End of Memory" are on scholarly levels, though with some mind exercise are not that hard to work through. Though you may not either have time or inclination to do so, but I find it helpful all the way around as to what the gospel of Jesus means for us and the world.

I'm up and can't get to sleep, I think due to too much caffeine lately. I've got to cut back!

Ted M. Gossard said...

By the way, I think the best order to read them is just the way they're listed, beginning with Exclusion and Embrace, the opposite of how I did it!

But if you can read only one, that's a hard one for me to recommend for you, though for most I'd say go with "Free of Charge" which is a good, challenging read, in itself.

Martin Stickland said...

Oh you do scare me with all your threats. Okay, okay I will get down to doing your homework over the weekend!

Must do some work now!

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mark Goodyear said...

Ah. You are too sweet. I love my profile pic too. My only regret is that my wife isn't in the pic too.

Andrew said...

My hospital bill from late July was this: After I drove back from VA the first time, I woke up with a throbbing in the side of my head, and I couldn't see things in the upper right-hand field of vision. It lasted for about two days. I went to a few doctors, who said it was an "ocular migraine" likely caused by tension from driving so much. It's gone now, though I feel like my right-side vision isn't as good as it used to be.