Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Forward or back...

As I washed my sweaty, weary, broken foot this morning, my mind went back almost 20 years to a conversation about sweaty feet.  A few minutes later, I realized that I wasn't obeying my physical therapist's orders for proper posture and I wondered why it is so hard.

I had a conversation with my daughter yesterday about her crashed college computer that will only start in "safe mode".  I realized how much I'm like that computer.  Sometimes I only start in "safe" mode or I go back to "last known good configuration". 

Paul said, "But one thing I do" forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."   Phil 3:13b,14 (ESV)

So, time to practice my PT's advice and move forward towards some more healthy habits and good memories. 

No comments: